Tonight was a pretty successful yet probably uneventful evening. I had to troubleshoot my vermiculture composting bin because my worms were freaking out trying to crawl out of the bin. So I did some research and figured out how to fix the solution. I’ll find out in a week or so whether or not what I did will work. Then I spent some time doing a few logistical things with my blog. I updated the Facebook page I created a few weeks ago and then came up with an excel spreadsheet that will help me analyze my photo-blog challenge this month. As evidenced in the quality of my photos this month, my point with this challenge was not to be artistic, it was to take a look at my lifestyle through random photos (10 or so every day at randomized time points). So like a good engineer I’m going to do a bit of analysis afterward to look at trends and whatnot.
I’ll find out in a week or so whether or not my solution of adding dry paper scraps to my compost will help to dry it out a bit. Also, I’m going some time over the next few days going through my month’s pictures and plugging info into the excel spreadsheet that I made; am I inside/outside, with/without friends, being physically/intellectually stimulated, etc. I’m interested to see how it turns out. I’m excited for Halloween weekend, lots of time with good people, hopefully a few adventures, and most importantly it’ll be the first weekend in a longggg time that I haven’t been in NH hiking. So I’m looking forward to hanging out in Boston for once instead of being out in the woods every weekend (although I much prefer the latter).